Monday, March 30, 2009

25 Random Things

Hello Hello! Hope your Monday was as productive as mine! I did a lot of chores today and it felt good to check them off my list! I don't really have much to blog about today so I'm going to attach a 25 Random Things note about me that I did on Facebook. Sleep tight!

1. After seeing Twilight, I ran to the bookstore to buy the whole book series. I'm obsessed and think the books put into words exactly the way you feel when your in love.
2. I recently moved back to LA and it wasn't until I was far away that I realized just how blessed I was to be raised in the South. Our culture, people and especially the food make it literally one of a kind.
3. With that being said, it also made me realize how much more there is out there that I have yet to experience. I want to see more places and experience different cultures now more than ever. 
4. I was born on All Saints Day and I like to joke that I'm a saint. Especially since my middle name is that of a Saint. (Elizabeth) If anything it's an easy reminder for all you Catholics out there to remember my birthday! =)
5. I used to dream of a huge fairy tale wedding with all my family and friends, but recently I've been dreaming of a very small and intimate wedding. We'll see how that turns out...
6. Within the last year I have grown up more than I think I ever will again in a year's time. Moving away, heartache and just the lessons that go with that can never be duplicated. That's a fact.
7. I'm a FIRM believer in everything happens for a reason. It wasn't until I put total faith in that, that I began to see things clearer. I live much more comfortably knowing and living it.
8. Even though I've seen every Sex and the City episode at least 10 times, I could watch them a 100 more times and still laugh. I love that show! (much to the dismay of my dad)
9. I took piano lessons when I was younger, but since then have forgotten everything I learned. I want to get back into and will hopefully start lessons sooner rather than later.
10. After going through a hard time once, a wise friend gave me some unforgettable advice. "Name it, claim it, then tame it." Anytime I realize an issue with myself I always think back to that advice and feel 10 times better knowing that I already got through the first step.
11. There is only one thing that I can think of that no matter how horrible I feel, no matter how upset I am or ever if I'm in indescribable pain, "it'll" cheer me up...... Rexton Prince. Period.
12. Living in PA, I was obviously introduced to extremely COLD temps. I adapted to the freezing cold weather. Now when it's 30 degrees outside I know of think it's warm. Weird eh?
13. I used to want to go on a road trip across the country. I thought it would be a brilliant time to gather my thoughts and explore new places. After driving home from PA I NEVER want to do it again. 24 hour drive + me alone = TERRIBLE. Needless to say I wouldn't recommend it. I'm really lucky I didn't get a speeding ticket. 
14. I always wonder why it is that I got screwed in the creativity section of the brain. I look at my sister's amazing EVERYTHING and am left diligently working at my poor stick figures in hopes of it coming close to resembling her detailed caricatures that she scribbles on the phonebook before she even places the call. UGH. Total left brained.
15. As much as I love cupcakes, I'd rather eat cinnamon rolls.
16. I love boiled crawfish! It's a south Louisiana delicacy. I used to hate crawfish and just started eating them like 4 years ago. Man I missed out on some crawfish boils! What was I thinking?
17. Hopefully within the next 2 years I will be able to get a new car. I already know what I want and that would be an Acura RDX, if I hit the jackpot I'd upgrade to the MDX. And then also get a Range Rover. =)
18. I probably shouldn't say this, but about 4 years ago was when I really found out what nuclear weapons were. I thought they were bombs that would get sent over to the U.S. let's say and just blow us up. Poof, dead. I was absolutely devastated when I found out what they really are and didn't sleep alone for like 2 weeks. And yes yes I know what you're thinking... I was in college when I stumbled upon this info. =P
19. If I could go to the Oprah show, I'd be happier than Rex getting his belly rubbed.
20. Geez.. how many more do I have to come up with? I'm only on #20?!? Oh yeah, I'm a pretty impatient person. 
21. When I was 21 years old I had the pleasure of traveling to California. I took surfing lessons and it was the funnest thing I have ever done. Hopefully I will get to do it again before I'm too old and fat to fit in a wet suit.
22. I have OCD tendencies just like my mother. I cannot stand when there is particles of food or even water droplets in the the kitchen sink. I will literally wipe the drops with a towel... Sad I know.
23. I took cake decorating and petite four classes before and can decorate a mean cake. My petite fours are awesome as well but come at a high cost. They are very time consuming to make. Enquirers can email me for details and pricing. =)
24. I hate odd numbers so I'm going to close with this- Life's too short, eat dessert first!

Oh and I forgot to tell you that tonight I made Chicken Fried Rice. I was sick of looking at the 20lbs of chicken breast I have in the freezer and wanted to try something that I never tried before. It was pretty easy and tasty I must say. I'm going to post the recipe on my Recipe Blog here- weesrecipes.blogspot.com

AND this afternoon I baked some Fiber One Apple Cinnamon Muffins to eat for breakfast during the week. They are pretty tasty and only 2 points per muffin for Weight Watchers! Yumm...

(Thanks for the awesome cupcake pan Uncle D and G! I love it!)

Have a great Tuesday ya'll!

XOXO,
Lauren

4 comments:

  1. Is that all you could say about me..... that you inherited my OCD? Please!!! Ask Uncle D, I'm not that bad! Why weren't we invited to supper! Love your random things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vouch for the fried rice!!! Sooo delicious, I ate two plates!!! I cant say to much about the muffins though, simply cause i havent tasted that yet. But i did taste taco pie recently...yumm!!! haha... well I love my roomie she cooks good stuff all the time!!! Thanks Wee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taco pie??? And where do you think she got her culinary expertise from??? Shout out to mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get to try the fried rice you gave me yet...but I'm about to try a muffin. Thanks for the yummies!

    ReplyDelete