Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend

Sorry that I'm just getting around to posting. This weekend was super busy, I barely had time to breathe (as I'm sure it was for all of you). I PROMISE I'll be more prompt with my post (Mom!). Regardless of how busy I was... this weekend was one of the best I've had in a while. I spent the entire weekend with my family. Exactly how Easter weekend should be spent!

On Friday I went over to my sister's house and helped her clean and get her house ready for a crawfish boil she was throwing the next day for the family. We baked two batches of cupcakes and I must say they came out pretty darn cute! (Thanks Bakerella for the cute Easter basket cupcake idea!) Everyone at the crawfish boil didn't want to eat them because they were so cute. Here's some pics...


 

Saturday was the big day! It turned out to be a beautiful Louisiana day. Not too humid and not too hot. We played some really fun games and boy do we have some competitive genes in our family! While some played the others cheered them on and it even went as far as the "audience" doing the wave. It was hilarious and will definitely be the story that we reminisce about at the next event. I ate so much crawfish I was about to pop and then of course, I couldn't go without trying one of my cupcakes! Let's just say my diet was a little altered this weekend. It was so great getting to see everyone all together. Our family is a blast and we are already planning our next get-together! 

On Sunday I went over to my parents and hung out with them. My dad bar-b-qued and it was nice to be able to just sit down and relax. We watched the Disney movie Bedtime Stories and it was very cute! 

It was a fabulous weekend. I didn't want it to end! Family, tasty food and great times... can't ask for much more than that! 

Hope you are having a great Tuesday ya'll!
XOXO,
Lauren

3 comments:

  1. It was a super fun weekend. Thanks for helping with the cupcakes (and the cleaning too!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very beautiful Easter weekend. Our family is awesome! But......we suck at the wave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA.. we suck at the wave.. omg that was so great.. had a fantabulous time with all of you.. we'll have to do it again.. even it's it's not "bunny day" :) the food was great, the company was awesome and the love was shared.. had a great time.. JULIE~~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete